[CentOS] This is a test of Nixnet blocking

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Sep 16 20:24:10 UTC 2013

Am 16.09.2013 22:06, schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> Most of the time since last Thursday or so, that piece of crap called
> Nixnet (ix.manitu) has been blocking my hosting provider's mailservers.

I see you in rage mode, though I like to totally disagree. The
ix.dnsbl.manitu.net RBL is doing a great job.

> I did ask, when I talked to support last week, and they host *millions* of
> domains. They do not have a million techs (neither does google - but I'm
> *sure* none of you have ever gotten spam from google mail, right?).

Like nobody ever got SPAM from hotmail, nor yahoo. Right, nobody ever.

> Again, I'll give my argument that blocking a mailserver, rather than a
> domain has been the *WRONG* answer for at least 15 or more years. A dozen
> or so years ago, they blocked Chicago roadrunner... which provided 'Net
> access and email to about half the City of Chicago, IL, USA, which,
> Karanbir, is about a quarter the size of the London metro area, so we're
> talking hundreds of thousands of people.

A mailserver which permits to send out SPAM has to be blocked. Period.
Well, it is not the server itself being guilty, it is the postmaster
being responsible.

> Now, in days after massive consolidation of ISPs (even the Canadian ISP
> that userfriendly's Columbia Internet has bee bought and closed up), this
> means that they're blocking telcos and giant hosting providers.

Vote with your money if your email provider does not do a good job.

> I'm really, REALLY tired of being blocked when a couple dozen domains,
> hiding out in millions of them at one hosting provider, results in a few
> million people being blocked from sending email.

I am glad if SPAM proliferation hosts get listed.

>       mark

There is no need to respond to this mail.

Alexander