[CentOS] Run one-time startup script

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Sep 20 15:41:36 UTC 2013

On 9/20/2013 5:31 AM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I have to change IP numbers across a number of virtual and physical
> machines because of network center move. This has to be done before
> network startup, of course. I'm thinking about the best method to do this.
> Where should I include/init this script? Or would it rather make more
> sense to do this on the last shutdown?

reconfigure the servers to use dhcp and configure the hosts via
reservations on the dhcp servers.  new location on a new subnet would
have require reservations, reboot and voila!

DNS should be taking care of any application stuff (when the servers are
moved, their entries are updated on the DNS servers)