[CentOS] Dual Boot Windows 8 & CentOS 6.4

Xinyun Zhou me at xyzhou.com
Sat Sep 21 11:51:04 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 17:42 +0300, Amit Joshi wrote:
> > I am studying for the RHCSA Exam and wanted to install CentOS 6.4 alongside Windows 8. I got a new laptop with a processor that supports virtualization.
> >
> > I am planning to remove all the recovery partitions after backing up all drivers etc. on them. Lets see how it works out.
> >
> > Any caveats I should know about?

>From my experience from the RHCSA exam, all you need to do is to use the
KVM, which is a pre-installed system. You will use that as your exam
client (all your answer will be in the virtual machine).

If you really want to boot that, I would suggest you use a external hard
drive to boot CentOS, and install virtual machines in it. Be sure to
disable Secure Boot.

--
Xinyun Zhou