[CentOS] x2go (vs. freenx)?

isdtor at gmail.com isdtor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 22:44:20 UTC 2013

> >  Will evaluate again once we move production to CentOS as FreeNX has
> >  some serious bugs when it comes to remote display forwarding and the
> >  only workaround is to use vnc.
>
> What kind of bugs have you found with freenx?

  Basically, if you are logged into a machine through NX and try to
  submit a job to our compute cluster via the queue/resource manager,
  GUI apps refuse to connect back to the NX display (e.g.  machine:1008.0).
  We were able to reproduce this with simple utilities like xrdb, so it's
  not an issue with the apps in question. In turn, this always works when
  logged into the local machine (0.0) directly. Even xhost + does not help.

  I didn't take any notes back then and found only very scant references
  on the web, but let's see. IIRC this was the most closely related issue
  I could find.

  http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-login/469311-xrdb-connection-refused-xrdb-cant-open-display-1002-a.html
  (post #9) and
  http://forums.opensuse.org/english/other-forums/development/programming-scripting/469312-core-file-user-directory-what-program-failed-2.html#post2420332
  although it wasn't quite clear to me how the solution from link 2 was
  related to the problem in link 1.