[CentOS] x2go (vs. freenx)?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 23:10:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM,  <isdtor at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >  Will evaluate again once we move production to CentOS as FreeNX has
>> >  some serious bugs when it comes to remote display forwarding and the
>> >  only workaround is to use vnc.
>>
>> What kind of bugs have you found with freenx?
>
>   Basically, if you are logged into a machine through NX and try to
>   submit a job to our compute cluster via the queue/resource manager,
>   GUI apps refuse to connect back to the NX display (e.g.  machine:1008.0).
>   We were able to reproduce this with simple utilities like xrdb, so it's
>   not an issue with the apps in question. In turn, this always works when
>   logged into the local machine (0.0) directly. Even xhost + does not help.

I guess the closest thing I've done would be browser windows in a
selenium cluster run by a jenkins job.  But I think they are really
local windows with the remote control handled at some other level.   I
don't have any trouble with remote windows tunneled by ssh connections
from my freenx session, though.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com