[CentOS] php fopen ssl error

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 23:14:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Markus Falb <wnefal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25.Sep.2013, at 19:58, Reindl Harald wrote:

> >> oh my,
> >> centos says it's php thing
> >> php says, what?, 5.1.6 is seven years old
> >>
> >> http://marc.info/?l=php-general&m=138011820514388
> >>
> >> The backporting oath?

Yes, backporting makes this interesting when seeking support.
Ultimately it's a question for CentOS (or Upstream).

> > that's why CentOS/RHEL provides 5.3 packages without break environments
> rely on 5.1
>
> It really doesn't break? I cant believe that.

(Echoing John Pierce's warning...)
If you update from PHP 5.1 or 5.2 to 5.3 you will have problems to deal
with.
I made the move and I too had broken code to fix!

[ Although the fixes/modifications are rather easy (just in case you have
to go that direction). ]

> --
> Markus

Mike