[CentOS] scanner only works in su mode

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Sep 26 05:14:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Robert Heller wrote:

> The proper cure for this is to add yourself to the group that udev puts the
> device in.  Look in /etc/udev/rules.d.  Under CentOS 5 with hplip3-common
> installed, this would be 55-hpmud.rules.

I'm running centos 6.
Googling tells me the corresponding centos 6 directory is /lib/udev/rules.d .
There are no files with 55 or hp in their names,
but there are 39 with the string usb .
Where should I be looking?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily