[CentOS] Creating 38TB ext4 FS

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 26 23:08:49 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 04:27 PM, Keith Keller wrote:
<>

> So following up on that, I have a question: I have a largish XFS
> filesystem which is currently not mounted inode64.  I would like to know
> how close I am to filling up the inodes in the first 1TB, so that I know
> how urgent it is for me to migrate to inode64.  Does anybody know a way
> to query this information out of the filesystem?

only way i can think of to get close would be rather lengthy.

as root user;

   ls -iR /|less

and watch for max number, or via a php command that will list inodes
into increasing numerical order.

if you fear you are getting close to max, zip up a bunch of files that
you do not need, ie, emails, text files, photographs, etc. then delete
what you zipped to release the inodes.

if you have another partition with a greater number of free inodes,
mv directory(s) to it, then link directory(s) back where you want.

hth.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.