[CentOS] Weird netinstall issue

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 14:02:01 UTC 2013

On 30/09/13 13:18, zGreenfelder wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM, Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com> wrote:
>
>> Phil Dobbin wrote:
>>> The other day I burnt a copy of a CentOS 6.4 64 bit netinstall disc,
>>> verified the disc which passed & about a third of the way through the
>>> install it informed me that there was no CD in the drive & refused to
>>> carry on.
>>>
>>> So I burnt another & the same thing happened. So using the same disk
>>> burner & the same batch of disks, I burnt a copy of a Debian 7.1
>>> netinstall & it installed perfectly.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts gladly welcome (the CentOS disc was downloaded from the
>>> CentOS repos).
>> Dust is the one thought that comes to mind.  Try either
>> blowing air into devices or getting some kind of cd/dvd
>> device cleaner.
>>

> I'd say you should probably do an MD5 sum of the centos netinstall iso you
> downloaded
> and make sure it matches the entry in the .md5sum file that should be in
> the same directory
> where you got the iso -- assuming that 'verified the disc' means only that
> the burner software
> verified the iso image matches the disc.
No, I checked the MD5 sum as always on both discs & verified it at the
beginning of the install.

Most odd, Debian server worked perfectly...

Cheers,

      Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
Arch Linux, CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Spherical & That Damn Cat, Lubuntu 12.10, OS X Snow Leopard & Tiger, Ubuntu Quantal, Raring & Saucy