[CentOS] Two external interfaces, one with "default" route and ping problem

Tue Sep 3 02:35:47 UTC 2013
Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst at barrett.com.au>

hi.

sorry for the late reply ... been busy.

When I first started this "project" I read while doing research that it is not a good idea to use eth0:1 using iptables ... but after you wrote the below I did some more RTFm and came to the conclusion there is not anything wrong doing this when done right.

So I made a new chain name and directed all traffic with the IP address through that chain letting only mail (inc ssl etc) traffic pass - thanks its working now.

Jobst