[CentOS] Setting up postfix under CentOS-6

Thu Sep 12 10:03:54 UTC 2013
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

I recently, perhaps foolishly, changed over a remote server
from sendmail/procmail to postfix/amavis/spamassassin/clamd ,
and I'm finding it difficult to configure this setup.

The CentOS document <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix>
explicitly says that its instructions may not work in CentOS-6.
Does anyone know of reasonably simple postfix documentation
for CentOS-6?

I've been amazed how bad the postfix documentation is.
It actually seems to be worse that sendmail documentation,
which I thought established a record for this sort of thing.
The official documentation at
<http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html>
is ludicrously wordy, with every conceivable option
listed in random order.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net