[CentOS] This is a test of Nixnet blocking

Mon Sep 16 20:06:19 UTC 2013

Most of the time since last Thursday or so, that piece of crap called
Nixnet (ix.manitu) has been blocking my hosting provider's mailservers.

I did ask, when I talked to support last week, and they host *millions* of
domains. They do not have a million techs (neither does google - but I'm
*sure* none of you have ever gotten spam from google mail, right?).

Again, I'll give my argument that blocking a mailserver, rather than a
domain has been the *WRONG* answer for at least 15 or more years. A dozen
or so years ago, they blocked Chicago roadrunner... which provided 'Net
access and email to about half the City of Chicago, IL, USA, which,
Karanbir, is about a quarter the size of the London metro area, so we're
talking hundreds of thousands of people.

Now, in days after massive consolidation of ISPs (even the Canadian ISP
that userfriendly's Columbia Internet has bee bought and closed up), this
means that they're blocking telcos and giant hosting providers.

I'm really, REALLY tired of being blocked when a couple dozen domains,
hiding out in millions of them at one hosting provider, results in a few
million people being blocked from sending email.

      mark