[CentOS] Help with VMware ESXi manager for CentOS - newbie level

Thu Sep 5 07:31:40 UTC 2013
zGreenfelder <zgreenfelder at gmail.com>

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:59 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 9/4/2013 11:52 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> > What should I install on my CentOS 6.x so I can access/manage ESXi
> > server and manage it? Direct link or nice howto would help me immensely.
> > When ever I search the net, I get how to install CentOS client (they
> > mean guest) ON VMware.
>
> afaik, the free vServer Manager is MS Windows only.
>
> +1; the things I've been hearing make it sound like there are
plans.movement for vmware to move to 'any generic browser' for management
in the future, and there are nice perl module tools that you can install to
get access to some API calls/do things like deploy VMs from the command
line (http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/sdk_pubs.html), but for general
management, in my experience you still need the windows based client.    of
course one way around that is to build a management VM with client software
and use rdesktop when you need that sort of tool.
--
Even the Magic 8 ball has an opinion on email clients: Outlook not so good.