[CentOS] Getting a do_IRQ: xx.xxx No irq handler for vector (irq -1), any ideas?

Thu Sep 5 20:40:51 UTC 2013
Steve Brooks <steveb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk>

> Howard Leadmon wrote:
>>  I setup a CentOS 6 server to use with KVM/QEMU, and I am getting the
>> following error a good bit, granted it doesn't seem to be causing any
>> trouble.   I figured I would post and see if anyone has any ideas on the
>> issue, or if I can just dismiss it.
>>
>> If I look at my logging/dmesg, I see:
>>
>> do_IRQ: 19.217 No irq handler for vector (irq -1)
> <snip>
> Had the same problem a month or so ago (you can see the thread in the
> archives). It appears, from the many hours of googling I did, to be a
> problem explicitly with HP servers.

Hi Mark, I am seein the same errors on many el6 machines (not HP) but
based on Asus Sabertooth X79 workstation boards with Intel Core i7-3970X
CPU's. . Steve

--
Dr Stephen Brooks

http://www-solar.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/