[CentOS] large SCSI RAID, replacing server

Tue Sep 10 17:31:53 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 9/10/2013 10:23 AM, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> But is there a way to stage the new system so all I need to do is move the RAID from the old system to the new system?
> Or do I need to do anything at all?
> I'm not sure if the existing system has some special packages which make it able to use those large partitions.  It doesn't appear to have 'parted' installed.

what kind of raid is this?   hardware, mdraid, what?    if hardware
raid, then what sort of hardware raid controller, and does that
controller support moving volumes between systems?

are both systems totally identical hardware? in that case, I'd simply
move ALL the disks, including the system volume.