[CentOS] Setting up postfix under CentOS-6

Sat Sep 14 07:00:03 UTC 2013
natxo asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com>

On 09/13/2013 11:52 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> It is pretty good evidence that swapping it as the default because
>>> 'sendmail is hard' was misguided, though.  Sendmail works and isn't
>>> particularly hard if you stick to the sendmail.mc settings and
>>> milters.
>>
>> Hardly.
>>
>> Postfix works and isn't particularly hard if you take the time to read and
>> understand the docs.
>
> Neither was sendmail.
>
>> I mean, simpler than
>>
>> relayhost = yourispmta.domain.tld
>>
>>   is hard to find, isn't it?
>
> No, but it won't work with gmail...

and where is in the centos wiki or in the redhat documentation or in the
sendmail documentation the info to accomplish that? Do you care to give
me a url to those (un)official sources? In the sendmail doc I can find
how to use tls and certificates, but so can I in the postfix docs. There
is no copy paste settings for gmail to accept my email.

 > I don't think it would even work  with Comcast any more.

I do not use comcast but the above method works perfectly on my
broadband cable connection in The Netherlands (UPC). In fact, I do not
even have to authenticate because I am allowed to simply relay from my
home ip.