[CentOS] Evergreen ILS on CentOS?

Mon Sep 16 15:41:36 UTC 2013
Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com>

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I spent a number of hours at one of the local SF clubs turning a desktop
> into a dual-boot (if they ever need that for anything) CentOS 6.4 system,
> then trying to install Evergreen, an oss library package.
>
> Can you say, "dependency hell"?

Yes, I know what you mean.  A couple years ago I was
interested in getting Evergreen packaged for centos.
Some parts were rather easy to create an rpm file for,
but not others.  For me the killer was a perl module
that required another perl module.  And the second
module required the first.  I tried creating a single
rpm for both, but that didn't work.

At the time the developers were busy enough with other
problems that they weren't able to assist me.  My only
suggestion would be to try to install everything (in-
tead of packaging everything) and use cpan modules
liberally (something I had tried to avoid).