[CentOS] Chromium update

Sat Sep 21 13:04:02 UTC 2013
Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com>

Nux! wrote:
> On 20.09.2013 18:36, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
>> What about Midori browser?
>
> Newer Midori does not build on CentOS due to, you guessed it, too old
> deps versions.
>
> My advice to anyone who needs a good, solid browser is to use the stock
> one (Firefox ESR) or get the latest Firefox binary from ftp.mozilla.org
> if they really want to be bleeding edge.

Or consider using the Remi repo for firefox.  When I enabled
it I also added the includepkgs line to prevent updates to
other packages.

  rpm -Uvh http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-6.rpm

  includepkgs:remi-release,firefox*,xulrunner*

  yum upgrade firefox

So far version 23.0.1 has worked flawlessly.