[CentOS] php fopen ssl error

Wed Sep 25 23:49:12 UTC 2013
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

On 09/25/2013 06:14 PM, SilverTip257 wrote:

> Yes, backporting makes this interesting when seeking support.
> Ultimately it's a question for CentOS (or Upstream).

Our policy on this has been pretty straight-forward from the beginning.
We will reproduce what upstream provides. Bug for bug, and patch for
patch as closely as we can. In this instance, it would seem that this
issue should be filed in RH's bugzilla, or on the CentOS bugtracker with
the relevant information so that it can be duplicated in RH's bugzilla,
and then linked appropriately.

So long as it's not a bug we introduced as part of the rebuild process,
it's usually better to not have it addressed by us. Going down that road
would move us away from the compatibility we strive for. Worst case
scenario would be that our patch introduces other issues, or is
incompatible with a future update from upstream.

--
Jim Perrin