[CentOS] to lvm or not to lvm - why/when to use lvm

Thu Sep 26 20:11:06 UTC 2013
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 09/26/2013 09:35 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> [...]
Not having much experience with LVM, I just wondered how this last
comment applies.
Surely the alignment of partitions has got to do with the underlying
hardware and how it seeks to and finds the beginning of where it wants
to read - the sector. I am curious how LVM negates this hardware constraint.