[CentOS] Anyone using CentOS Active Directory like system?

Mon Sep 30 00:51:09 UTC 2013
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 09/27/2013 10:15 PM, Tennant, Jacob wrote:
> Any advise or suggestions would be very helpful.

Samba4 has been offered as an option.  However, as far as I know, the
packages in Fedora and RHEL are not capable of operating as an AD
server.  More specific information is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Samba4

If you want to run Samba 4 as Microsoft Active Directory replacement,
you'll need to build your own packages with Heimdal Kerberos support.
Someday, when RHEL/Fedora offer working MIT Kerberos support, you'll
want to migrate to reduce ongoing maintenance costs, and that's going to
be a huge headache.

If you don't need Group Policy support, you can use FreeIPA to
authenticate Windows and Linux guests:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Main_Page

OS X has been supported, but I'm not sure what the status of 10.7 is.