[CentOS] trouble installing Math::BigInt module

Tom Robinson tom.robinson at motec.com.au
Tue Apr 1 06:13:42 UTC 2014

On 01/04/14 16:57, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 3/31/2014 10:50 PM, Tom Robinson wrote:
>> Others may see it differently but personally I would install packages only from CentOS and the rest
>> from CPAN
> If possible, I would install ONLY packages from Centos and EPEL and
> avoid CPAN entirely.   if you absolutely need something thats not in
> core or EPEL, I'd use cpanspec to build an rpm, and use that to install
> on your production systems.

Interesting. I will look at cpanspec. Didn't know that one.

I used to stick to the packages only approach but came up against more issues that way. I also spent
a lot of time compiling and build packages. At the end of the day, CPAN consistently built a very
tidy environment.

I do agree, though. Install from as few repo's as possible. CentOS and EPEL are good choices.