[CentOS] RHEL7 beta discussions?

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Apr 1 16:23:25 UTC 2014

On 01/04/14 12:15 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>> Just remove all the subscription-manager and rhn packages ..
>
> Hmmmm, you crazy nut :-)
>
> So I'll still be able to yum OK?

I have to add the DVD as a repo. Here's what I do:

These steps assume the beta DVD is on an internal web-accessible server,
that it's saved in /root and mounted at /mnt/dvd. Adjust as needed:

mkdir /mnt/dvd
cd ~
curl -O
http://10.255.255.250/rhel7/x86_64/iso/rhel-7-public-beta-x86_64-dvd.iso
echo "/root/rhel-7-public-beta-x86_64-dvd.iso /mnt/dvd auto loop 0 0" >>
/etc/fstab
mount /mnt/dvd

Create the repo file:

vi /etc/yum.repos.d/dvd.repo
====
[dvd]
baseurl=file:///mnt/dvd/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-beta
====

Clean up the yum cache

yum clean all

Now you should be able to use yum to install packages easily from the
DVD ISO.

--
Digimer
access to education?