[CentOS] USB 3.0 NIC / Sitecom NL-031

Michael Kress

kress at hal.saar.de
Sat Apr 5 17:07:58 UTC 2014

Hi, I have a Sitecom NL-031 USB 3.0 NIC which I'd like to use under
centos 6.5, but unfortunately I see no support. Or, I am doing something
wrong.

According to LKDDb (Linux Kernel Driver DataBase), the correct driver is
"CONFIG_USB_NET_AX8817X: ASIX AX88xxx Based USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapters"
but obviously, I've grabbed a non matching "iProduct", because mine is
obviously 0x0072 (see lsusb below) and the driver lists 0x0056.