[CentOS] {CentOS} HDD Problem....

Eddie O'Connor

eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 01:01:07 UTC 2014

Ok....so after installing "smartmontools" on my CentOS machine...and
connectiing this drive externally...i got positive reports from both the
short and long tests...so the drive can obviously be "seen"....but when I
look for it in the /dev/ directory...it doesn't show up.....I'm about to
give the fdisk command line tools anonther shot....it allows me to format
the drive...and to give it a file system...(ext4)....but it doesn't
automaticcaly mount, nor can I format the drive using the Disk Utility in
CEntOS.....I'm going to give D.B.A.N one more try since I was able to
format it from the smartctl command line....hopefully it will "clear"
whaever is locked up. if not...then I'll move onto the other
recommendations and advice given by you "experts"! LoL! Thanks for all your
help.....will kepp you posted.

EGO II