[CentOS] Problem running yum update command

H agents at meddatainc.com
Mon Apr 7 15:51:53 UTC 2014

Just tried yum clean all but receive exactly the same error message:

rpmdb: unable to join the environment
error: db3 error(11) from dbenv->open: Resource temporarily unavailable
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Resource temporarily
unavailable (11)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
CRITICAL:yum.main:

I do not remember the last yum update (a couple of weeks ago) going
wrong but finishing as expected.

Suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

Hakan