[CentOS] CVE-2014-0160 CentOS 6 openssl heartbleed workaround

Keith Keller

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Apr 8 06:56:45 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-08, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org> wrote:

> Earlier in the day today, we were made aware of a serious
> issue in openssl as shipped in CentOS-6.5 ( including updates issued
> since CentOS-6.5 was released ); This issue is addressed in detail at
> http://heartbleed.com/

So it looks like new packages were issued by upstream pretty quickly.
So one question is, is there an easy way to know which services need to
be kicked?  I was surprised (not unpleasantly) to note that sshd is not
linked against libssl, but if you do a naive check against httpd, you
won't find it linked either--because it's mod_ssl that's linked against
it.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us