[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 14:40:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:28 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Again, you could hit eBay for a power supply. But all the servers,
> including blades, that I ever worked with were 120v or 220V (ok, this is
> the US). Is the psu in the box dead?

There's no PSU in the box. I've got the enclosure as well! It's one of these
http://www.harddrivesdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=142183

In the back all the blades are connected to an interconnect power regulator
board that goes to two large round prongs the kind used in
20 AMP 220/240 V AC plugs. But right now I'm 99% sure right now that this
works with 48VDC. The blades have tiny power regulator boards next to the
(proprietary?) blade power connector...  and on the internal side of such
connector the markings say "48V" for the white wire and "0V" for the black
wire.

FC

FC
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell