[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:02:50 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Oh, right - um, the obvious question (once I thought about it): can you
> actually plug this thing in at home, or is it going to pop the breaker
> when it tries to draw more current than the breaker's designed for?

I don't have no 48V DC power supply yet.

By Googling I've found that there's an adapter cable I can buy to get
standard VGA/Ethernet/USB ports out of each blade.
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Crossover-Connection-Proliant-Enclosures/dp/B007P6R4Y2

But sadly there´s a missing cable that interconnects the PC-ILO female
sockets at the enclosure with some interconnect backplane (at first I
thought those were Ethernet but no, there is s a management socket for
every blade, where you can connect the above cables...).

I feel like I´m polluting this list. I´ve googled but couldn´t find any
specific mailing lists for HP blades, or even blades in general... I´m sure
there´s corporate sysadmins familiar with this stuff somewhere...

FC

act
- George Orwell