[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:05:31 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:54 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> thats 3000 watts each.

Just like my oil-filled radiator heaters...
http://goo.gl/mO9Rzo

btw: found the CPU inside the blades are
380632-B21: (1) Intel® Xeon™ 3.0GHz standard (up to 2 supported)

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/id/en/un/WF06a/100008-200001-200001-200001-300078-402958.html?dnr=2
https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/99/347957-B21.htm

But I guess that's a maximum. Two SCSI HDDs and two 3Ghz Xeons...

Hmmm the more I think of this, the more it feels like winning the dumpster
diving jackpot ;)
If it wasn't for its bloody SCSI HDD interface....

...and the 48V power.

FC
act
- George Orwell