[CentOS] Yum Priorities Update

Jake Shipton jakems at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 13 12:02:17 UTC 2014

On 13/04/14 11:58, Chris wrote:
> On 04/13/2014 12:48 PM, Nux! wrote:
>> I'm on 11.2.202.350, flash-plugin from Adobe's repo.
>>
>> http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/i386/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
>
> Thank you. Now, I've added priorities to my yum repos:
>
> priority = 1 [base]
> priority = 1 [extras]
> priority = 1 [rpmfusion-nonfree-updates]
> priority = 1 [updates]
> priority = 2 [centosplus]
> priority = 2 [contrib]
> priority = 7 [rpmforge]
> priority = 7 [rpmforge-extras]
> priority = 10 [epel]
> priority = 11 [adobe-linux-x86_64]
>
> Nevertheless, yum is trying to download from rpmforge. How can I update
> priorities?
>
> - Chris

Hi,

The lower the priority number, the higher it's priority.

So, in your case, rpmforge has a higher priority than adobe, thus it
yum-priorities will exclude the adobe version and instead choose the
rpmforge version.

If you don't want to edit your priorities, you can manually exclude the
flash-plugin from RPMforge, thus allowing the adobe version.

Add the following line to your repo (Below priority)

exclude=flash-plugin

This will exclude that specific package from RPMForge, you can use
wildcards and add additional packages if you choose.

For example, you could do:

exclude=flash*plugin clam*

etc, to add additional packages or options, and it will then choose to
get those packages from the next highest priority repository.

Hope this helps :-).

Kind Regards,
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F
GPG Fingerprint: 7515 CC63 19BD 06F9 400A DE8A 1D0B A5CF E3C3 1D8F