[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Apr 14 12:02:23 UTC 2014

On 04/12/14 10:57, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 04/12/2014 10:46 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
>> Now, if I may rant just a bit.

>> Sorry for the rant.
>>

> And even more sorry that I didn't make it clear that the rant was
> directed at no-one in particular, but just out there on the list, and
> definitely not directed at Fernando.

I'm not bothered - I agree. If what you have meets your needs, why upgrade?
And a *lot* of folks, not just at home, do not have a budget for
NewK3wlStuph!!! (Which is how I feel about fedora....)

We've got servers that are 5+ years old, including a once-supercomputer from
SGI that's from, I think, '03. And if *anyone* thinks we need to get rid of
it, they can contact me offlist, to arrange, from their pocket, a donation to
the civilian sector of the US federal gov't.....

	mark