[CentOS] cannot kickstart centos 6 on Dell Blade error cannot find c0t0

Dan Hyatt

dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu
Thu Apr 17 20:04:03 UTC 2014

I have an intermittent problem with my Dell blades, out of 80 blades 69
of them kickstarted Centos 6 fine using PXE
The other 11, I get a   c0t0 not found error  (indicating it is not
finding the local disk on the blade).

I can remote mount the iso image and do a basic install of centos on
these blades, but when I go to do a pxe boot it gives me that error again.

I have googled the issue and come up empty handed. Dell told us to
install centos 6 minimal ISO  then pxe install the server. This has been
unsuccessful. I get the local ISO to install but the pxe fails again.

Since the kickstart file defines the disk as sda1  I am supposing that
it is really a hardware problem.
But I am told by coworkers who handed it off to me that it is a known
issue with centos and Dell blades.

These are two internal disks on the blade.

Any suggestions?

--

Dan