[CentOS] cannot kickstart centos 6 on Dell Blade error cannot find c0t0

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Apr 17 20:34:34 UTC 2014

Dan Hyatt wrote:
> I have an intermittent problem with my Dell blades, out of 80 blades 69
> of them kickstarted Centos 6 fine using PXE
> The other 11, I get a   c0t0 not found error  (indicating it is not
> finding the local disk on the blade).
<snip>
> Since the kickstart file defines the disk as sda1  I am supposing that
> it is really a hardware problem.
<snip>
Nahhh... First, I suspect that those 11 blades are a slightly different
model - newer, or whatever. When we first got some Dell R720s was when we
ran into CentOS calling the NIC em1 instead of eth0, while *other*
R-series servers we got the same time were still eth0.

I'm afraid you're going to have to put conditionals into the ks, or maybe,
the way we do, write a CGI that creates one on the fly, to tell it to look
for those drives under those names. *shrug* We did just that in our CGI,
and chose CentOS 6, 64 bit, R720 for them.

        mark