[CentOS] yum - package version database

neubyr

neubyr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:14:20 UTC 2014

When I query for installed package on the system, I get following result:

# yum list installed openssl
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, tsflags, verify, versionlock
Installed Packages
openssl.x86_64
1.0.1e-16.el6_5.4
@updates/$releasever

When I try to install already installed package (just playing with yum), I
get following result:

# yum install openssl
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, tsflags, verify, versionlock
Setting up Install Process
Package matching openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64 already installed.
Checking for update.
Nothing to do

Note, the version reported in both commands is different. Are they
referring to different rpmdb state? Appreciate any information on this
discrepancy.

- thanks,