[CentOS] On of mirrors doesn't work properly

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Fri Apr 18 16:41:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 at 09:25 -0000, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> I, for one, am not even going to try to help you - look at this
> version of what you wrote, since that's what *all* of us are seeing.
>
> Please try resending this email as PLAIN TEXT, not html email. We
> don't care how pretty it is, all that matters is content....

Actually, he sent plain text.  What he sent was a linux command and
it's output (which happened to be html and was poorly wrapped by his
mailer).

The question/problem might also have been more clearly stated.  The
reverse ip address lookup isn't very useful so it isn't clear what
mirror he is attempting to use (although it might be part of
msync.CentOS.org).  Doing a quick browsing of the url posted shows
what looks like a correct and up to date mirror.

As to the cause of the actual problem, I have no idea as I use an
internal mirror and don't see any issue.

Stuart

>       mark
>
> Denis Hohryakov wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> >  curl 'http://64.235.47.134/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os'
> > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
[...]
[...]