[CentOS] Samba4 questions

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Tue Apr 22 19:45:10 UTC 2014

Le 22/04/2014 21:21, Steve Campbell a écrit :
> Another samba 4 advantage, I think:
> You can load and use Windows Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)
> to manage the domains. How completely? Time will tell.

I think you should wait for RHEL 7 (and then CentOS 7), which will be
released soon (June ?). Perhaps, it well include samba4 without anything
to build from source, and a rather recent one, 4.2 ?

Better than to recompile to source, and the maintainers take care of the
updates (security one are the most important).

Alain