[CentOS] [OT] how do I remove a battery

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Apr 22 21:07:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 03:08:29PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> I've got an MSI K9N Platinum MS 7250 VER 1.1
> motherboard with a dead battery.
> The battery mounts vertically:
> http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/computer/battery.png
> To me, the tab on the right would seem to need moving.
> It does not want to move.
> I am reluctant to apply any more force than I
> already have without knowing how to apply it.
>
> How do I remove the battery?

'I replaced a battery re3cently on a board with a similar battery holder.
I just bent the tab that comes up over the edge of the battery and pulled
out the battery then bgent it back and pushed a new batteryh in, using
some pressure on the battery to flex the tab. when I was done it didn't
look quite straight, but it worked.

Fred

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.