[CentOS] [OT] how do I remove a battery

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 23 12:06:15 UTC 2014

On 04/23/14 14:12, wwp wrote:
> Hello Blake,
>

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:18:02 -0500 Blake Hudson
 > <blake at ispn.net> wrote:
>
>> Yup, looks like that tab needs moved out of the way and
 >> the battery removed. Down seems to be the shortest path
 >> to my eyes. However, I could see why one might also try
 >> right.
>
> Right and I already saw stuff like that: it's a push down
 > the tab out of the way, while you hold it down and pull away
 > the battery. It could also be a rotating tab, to push to the
 > right out of the battery extraction way.

if tab moves, rotates, and, if one moves tab to _right_, how
is that going to move retainer out of way?

moving tab to _right_, aka, towards pcb edge, retainer would
have to come out of battery holder.

if one move tab to _left_, aka, away from edge of pcb,
retainer would rotate back into battery holder and then be
out of way.

in a further consideration of my 1st post to this thread,
best solution would be my 1st suggestion, call MSI.

i ran a search via ixquick.com and found several post with
suggestions of bending tab out of way, with op replies that
all that did way make retainer fit back loosely, tho that
may not be a problem, if battery holder has contacts on
both + and - sides of battery.

being that one poster to thread ask for a view of + side
of holder, to which op has not responded, it is of not
known if there are contacts shown for + side of battery,
so bending of retainer may not be an option.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.