[CentOS] [OT] how do I remove a battery

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Apr 23 17:47:23 UTC 2014

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014, g wrote:

> On 04/23/14 02:08, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> I've got an MSI K9N Platinum MS 7250 VER 1.1
>> motherboard with a dead battery.

>> How do I remove the battery?
>
> 1- why not consider contacting MSI and ask?
>
>    http://us.msi.com/about/contact-us/

Because I'd left my head in my other hat.

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014, g wrote:

> being that one poster to thread ask for a view of + side
> of holder, to which op has not responded, it is of not
> known if there are contacts shown for + side of battery,
> so bending of retainer may not be an option.

I'd already got the battery out.
My apologies for the delay in the announcement.

An hour or two ago I replaced said battery with one
scavenged from the dead body of its predecessor.
Success.
I've ascertained that the motherboard retains
time between power plug-pullings.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods