[CentOS] RHEL7 beta discussions?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 18:57:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:

>> You shouldn't need to do this. There should be a redhat.repo file in
>> /etc/yum.repos.d
>
> I didn't have such a thing on the RHEL7 beta VM I set up, nor on the
> RHEL7 RC I just set up.  /etc/yum.repos.d was empty on both machines
> after installation, and "yum repolist all" reports "repolist: 0".
>
> Perhaps it only appears if you attach a RHN subscription to the machine?

No. It has been a while but I'm pretty sure when I installed on a
laptop I ended up with rhel-beta.repo and all I did was to set
enabled=1 in the [rhel-beta] section to be able to install additional
packages.   Yum complains that the system is 'not registered' if I try
to update (and there aren't any updates), but installing packages
works.

That repo file came from this package:
yum info redhat-release-everything
Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You
can use subscription-manager to register.
Installed Packages
Name        : redhat-release-everything
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 7.0
Release     : 0.6.el7
Size        : 38 k
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : anaconda
Summary     : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Everything release file
License     : GPLv2
Description : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Everything release files

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com