[CentOS] [OT] how do I remove a battery

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 24 07:21:04 UTC 2014

On 04/23/14 23:47, Michael Hennebry wrote:
<<>>

> I'd already got the battery out.
> My apologies for the delay in the announcement.

not a problem here. i enjoyed the bellow listed search
that i ran.

> An hour or two ago I replaced said battery with one
> scavenged from the dead body of its predecessor.
> Success.
> I've ascertained that the motherboard retains
> time between power plug-pullings.

some mainboards have a capacitor paralleled with battery
to allow quick change with out loss of cmos settings. i
have even seen some mainboards with a small tubular shaped
'instrument' type lithium cell to maintain voltage while
button battery is changed.

glad to hear you have battery changed.

i did some more searching after my last post to thread and i
would have replied with it, had i not had to go 'out an bout'.

this is what i found, and which i had found last night.

i ran another ixquick.com search and this time i changed search
term to just "cmos battery holder".

from this new search, i found a link which led to a page at;

   http://search.blekko.com/

where, after several attempts, lead to page;

   https://blekko.com/#?q=cmos+battery+holder

which shows 6 views of battery holders to right side of
page. a middle click on group at top left, lead to;

   https://blekko.com/#?q=cmos%20battery%20holder&images=1

where top left pic shows similar holder to what you show.
a middle click on pic lead to;

   http://www.componex-electronics.com/files/BatteryHolderCR2032.jpg

from which i got a firm understanding of mechanics of holder.

next i found another link to a pic of above holder mounted
to a pcb that gives better understanding of how tab locates
to battery;

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/img/battery_upright.jpg

from this, i how can see how tab is moved in direction of
battery + side to allow battery removal.

so, does all this confirm what you found?

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.