[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Evan Rowley

rowley.evan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 04:33:27 UTC 2014

Is anyone frustrated by Network Manager? I wish CentOS just used the basic
configuration files like the ones on BSD-style OSes. Those are so simple in
comparison.

Each time I reboot, it seems like the configuration file I create for
Network Manager gets destroyed and replaced with a default file. Nothing in
the default file would actually make sense on my network, so I'm not even
really sure how this machine is still connected to the network after a
reboot destroys my previous configuration.

The only way I seem to be able to keep my proper DNS settings is through
the GUI interface to Network Manager. I have to enter the configuration in
each time I reboot. At the very least, I just want to stop Network Manager
from wiping out my perfectly fine /etc/resolv.conf.

There has to be a better way.

--
 - EJR