[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Apr 29 18:22:03 UTC 2014

On 04/28/2014 06:19 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Is this an impromptu poll? I think we had one for NM ("it's so much
> better in fedora, it was reworked..."), and everyone else, if it's not
> a laptop, wants it to Go Away. But will they listen to us?
The answer is found in the package set for RHEL7.  The time to have
voted has long past, and was in the Fedora train.  NM is and will be in
EL7, and it will be there for ten years, if RH keeps to its support
schedule. They won't pull it after the RC.

At least in EL6 you can in fact yum remove NM without it taking your
whole system away.  I haven't tried on EL7.

But, I also haven't had any issues with NetworkManager in my use cases,
which includes much more than just laptops.  I also am aware that others
have had issues, particularly with bridging and bonding.