[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Zube Zube at stat.colostate.edu
Wed Apr 30 15:39:01 UTC 2014

On Wed Apr 30 11:22:56 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:

> I really try hard to not be snide or offend very often, but the idea
> that something needs to stay a certain way either just because it's
> always been that way or because we can't do it the way someone else who
> we don't like has done it deserves a bit of a reality check, really.  Or
> do we want to go back to the Way It Was Done before this pun called Unix
> launched?  I've run ITS on an emulated DECsystem 10 in SIMH; I'm glad a
> better way was developed.

I deleted my first reply.  But you've twice used this argument and
I'm afraid I can't let it pass.

I find this common argument execrable.  It seems to suggest that if
I don't accept and embrace the new things that you do, I'm somehow a
Luddite or my thinking is backwards.  Is all your money in bitcoins
yet?

I run CentOS because I want stability.  It works and I know how to
work it.  When something like this is changed, there is an opportunity
cost for having to figure out how to get it back to the way I want it
to be (compare to recent issues with Mozilla Chrome, uh, Firefox 29).
In the aggregate, how much time will be wasted by admins getting this
to work when 7 comes out?

Cheers,
Zube