[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:50:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> On 04/30/2014 12:02 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> I think it is unfortunate there there is no standard defined for
>> configuration files or tools to stabilize it and make common
>> operations across platforms possible in spite of the bizarre
>> differences each vendor tries to add. Something like posix for system
>> management...
>
> But, Les, we'd have to make changes to get things standardized.  It
> would be nice if the standard already existed, but it does not.

Yes, I blame all our economic problems on the wastefulness of
duplicated effort in learning to manage computers.   That and everyone
having to stock a near-infinite number of printer ink cartridges.
Imagine what you could accomplish with a more productive use of all
those smart person-hours and real estate.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com