[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:56:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> On 04/30/2014 10:47 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> I've got two rooms, with a number of servers in each room behind a
>> firewall, *required* by US law (HIPAA & PII data). I've got compute
>> clusters, and all the compute nodes are all 192.168.etc, and they MUST
>> NOT CHANGE, EVER!!! All of those setups are behind their own switches.
>> Tall me how I need NM to manage them.
>
> *You* don't, at least not at the moment.
>
> But others with a different setup might.  That's why we have the choice.

Choice is great, surprises not so much.   And I find it surprising
that NM sometimes runs, sometimes doesn't, depending on seemingly
unrelated things.   And I still don't understand how to control what
it would do for, say, a dynamically inserted USB device.  Is it
possible to make it take 'address only' from DCHP in that context?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com