[CentOS] Why are hplip and hpijs always so back dated?

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Wed Apr 30 22:34:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 22:15:25 +0000
Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:

> My skill with RPM's is somewhat limited, but does anyone know
> of a set of instructions and a spec file that could be used to
> get started on this process?

I've never tried it with hplip, but many rpms can be updated by simply downloading and installing the srpm for the version that you're trying to update from, putting the newer source file into rpmbuild/SOURCES, updating the spec file in rpmbuild/SPECS, and then typing: rpmbuild -ba myfile.spec

The source rpm will have a spec file included.