[CentOS] trouble installing Math::BigInt module

Tue Apr 1 06:29:42 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 3/31/2014 11:13 PM, Tom Robinson wrote:
> I used to stick to the packages only approach but came up against more issues that way. I also spent
> a lot of time compiling and build packages. At the end of the day, CPAN consistently built a very
> tidy environment

the problem with CPAN is its hard to maintain compatibility with
multiple systems, each time you build it, you get something else. once
you build a set of RPMs you can deploy them over and over, and if you
need to update stuff, you can rebuild them with the same spec against a
different system base.