[CentOS] Adding a new disk to an existing raid 10

Tue Apr 1 08:58:20 UTC 2014
JC Putter <jcputter at gmail.com>

Hi,

I had to do this a while ago, basically you have to mark the disk as
failed (if not already) and than remove it from the array

remove from array > madmad --remove /dev/md0 /dev/sdaX

Partition your new disk to your needs and then add it to the array
using mdadm again

mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/sdbX

to check the status of the array

mdadm --detail /dev/md0